How to Maintain the Stainless Steel
Therefore, proper maintenance will keep the stainless steel in its best condition for many years; even when exposed to marine environments or corrosive elements.
The following are our recommendations:
- Clean with stainless or metal cleaners; don't use mineral acids or bleaches.
- Do not use sand paper or steel wool to polish cables or fittings; use fabric or synthetic Scotch pads.
- Do not leave stainless steel in contact with steel, iron, or other metals because it can cause rust spots.
- Remove any stains or rust spots right away with soap and warm water.
- For outdoor, humid, or coastal areas we recommend applying a light coat of fluid film to prevent corrosion.
- For Quality longevity we recommend using Sheila Shine on all stainless material. It's available on your local hardware stores. Approximately priced at $15-$20.